We've heard from some of our customers that in the past they've used a toothbrush to clean the fine detail work on their silver. Beware: The nylon bristles on a toothbrush can be abrasive and scratch your fine silver. Instead use our Cape Cod detail brush made from 100% horsehair. Used by silversmiths and jewelers worldwide. What's interesting about the detail brush is the more that you use it the better it works! The best way to use the detail brush is to apply a Cape Cod Metal Polishing Cloth over the surface of the detail work and then use the brush to work it into the crevices. After utilizing the brush in this manner a few times the brush will darken, this is a good thing. When the brush darkens it means the polish has saturated the bristles and you can then use the brush by itself without the polish. If you've used a liquid or cream polish in the past and its caked up in the filigree of your silver, the brush is very effective for removing this unsightly mess as well.
- A couple of nice blog posts from our friends Team M.V Bracelet in France!
- Great Before & Afters from Dennis Memorial Library!
- Awesome before and afters from instagram post: @jmhardwareguysnyc
- The BEST silver polish, Ever!
- Just submitted: Pandora Bracelet, before and after, using Cape Cod Polishing Cloths!
- Before and after using Cape Cod Polishing Cloths!
- Can you guess what this is?