If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us by using the Contact Us Form.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect various types of information depending upon how you use our site.
* When you order from us, we collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card number (with expiration date). We also gather information on the person who will receive any gift you send (e.g., that person's name and address) and we will retain a record of your purchases. In addition, if you are a registered user and have signed in when you enter this information, it will automatically be saved in your account for ease of reference.
* When you become a CapeCodPolish.com registered user, we collect your name, mailing address, email address, birth date and password. This information is gathered to make your shopping experience as a registered user as quick and easy as possible.
* When you enter a sweepstakes or contest online, we usually collect your name, address, email address, and phone number. We also may ask you for additional information, such as your age, interests, product preferences, or zip code.
* When you submit a question to customer service, we need your email address to respond, and you also may provide us with various additional information to help us answer your question.
* We also may receive some information about you from other sources and may add it to your account information. For example, we might get your updated address from a shipper.
What Are Cookies and Do We Use Them?
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a Web site that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. At CapeCodPolish.com, we use two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you exit your browser, they go away. We use session cookies to maintain information we need to have in order for you to shop at CapeCodPolish.com. For example, the Session ID cookie that we ask your browser to hold retains the ID for your shopping cart. Without the Session ID cookie, you can't add merchandise to your bag and carry it to Checkout.
Persistent cookies, in contrast, last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser. At CapeCodPolish.com, we are preparing to use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized shopping experience and to help you navigate our store more efficiently. We will use your information to enhance your site experience. However, you can use our site without accepting a persistent cookie. To do so, you should set your browser options to reject persistent cookies. Alternatively, you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, which gives you the opportunity to decide whether you want to accept it or not. In many instances, the Help button on your browser toolbar will tell you how you can take these steps.
Cookies can be used by a Web site to recognize you. But that does not necessarily mean any personal information is stored in the cookies. At CapeCodPolish.com, we store no personal information about you in the cookies. Anything you choose to tell us about yourself (such as your address and email address) is stored safely and separately.
How Do We Use Your Information?
* To enhance your online shopping experience. For example, we may use it to recognize you and welcome you to the site.
* For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we send out email and direct mail to our online and store customers about products or events that we think may be of interest to them. We also may send you offers for discounts or free services (e.g., free gift wrap or shipping) on our site or in our stores.
Do We Share Your Information?
CapeCodPolish.com may share your personal information with outside companies that perform services for CapeCodPolish.com. For example, we may retain an outside company to manage a database containing certain customer information or to create and distribute an email offering. In those situations, the outside party is performing work for CapeCodPolish.com, and CapeCodPolish.com takes appropriate steps designed to ensure your information is used only to provide the services requested by CapeCodPolish.com, and not for other purposes.
Additionally, CapeCodPolish.com may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law or to protect our interests or property. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents or government agencies in connection with issues related to fraud, credit or debt collection.
And in the event that some or all of the business assets of CapeCodPolish.com are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information about our customers.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
We provide you with a number of choices regarding our handling of your personal information. If you do not want to receive email/newsletters from CapeCodPolish.com and/or do not want us to share your information with unrelated third parties for marketing purposes, please submit a request electronically by doing the following:
Sign into your account using the "my account" option, using your email and password. Remove the checkmark from the newsletter option.
Note: Once you have submitted your request you should assume that it has been successfully received and your request is being processed. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request. If you prefer to, you may contact CapeCodPolish.com by phone at (800) 682-4246 or by mail at:
P.O. Box 2039
Dennis, MA 02638
Can I Access My Information?
* If you are a registered user of CapeCodPolish.com, you can update your information in My Account.
* If you have questions about your order, you may check your order status online in My Account.
* If you would like to email our Customer Service Department, please visit our Contact Us page using the links below.
Thank you for shopping with CapeCodPolish.com. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please visit Contact Us and submit your inquiry.